Thread: Windows Vista Install Error-Blue Screen of Death with ACPI.sys

Windows Vista Install Error-Blue Screen of Death with ACPI.sys

Hi everyone,

I am suffering from some trouble during installation of vista on my Toshiba Satellite Pro P100. When I get ready to boot the OS from the CD. The disk started properly but loading of setup occurred some error with the blue screen .The blue screen appeared with this error message:

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to be sure you have adequate disk space" I do. "If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with then manufacturer for driver updats

Try changing video adapters" " Check with your hardware vbendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode ti remove or disable compnents, restart your computer, pressing F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select safe mode.
    Technical Information:
    *** STOP: 0xC0000420, 0x8282EC9C, 0x847A04D4, 0x847A01D0
    *** acpi.sys - Address 8282EC9C base at 8280E000 DateStamp 4549ac8d

If you get the message during or after installation then you can read this message which is already pointing for the solution for this very question.

As you can see in the error message and also suggesting for the solution :
    restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to be sure you have adequate disk space" I do. "If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with then manufacturer for driver updates.
    Yes, you can solve this issue without any intervention for next steps or anything else.

I am also suffering with the same problem when I was working with my mom's laptop. I was installing the updates and after completion of installation,swtched off the laptop and when I start that, It come up with the same error that you all are discussing about. It occurred the same error that you are talking about and posted in the quote.

How to solve this problem because it automatically goes to stop on the point of error ?

Well, you can easily resolve the problem with some of the steps after Boot up the computer, and during the boot process repeatedly hit Alt+F10. Using this key, The computer would switch into the recovery prompt internally. That should take you to a system recovery menu,then that procedure would help to restore the computer to as it was when it left the factory.

if you got your data safely backed up? there is no issue but if you don't have positive response then proceed with much care and post back what you see on the recovery options screen.

If you have tried and getting proper result then no need to worry about that but in case, if you are not not getting exact response then it can cause some different problem not related to the message displayed during the error. There can be something wrong there then Run the disk diagnostic for your brand of disk drive (if you don't know what make it is run Sea tools). Download UBCD and burn it to CD, it has all the disk testing utilities on it plus a lot of useful tools besides, then just boot with the disc in the drive and choose the utility that you need.