Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2010

Long Shutdown Time on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Hello friends, I am facing a problem in my system, even after doing a clean install of the operating system. The issue being faced is that my computer is consuming a Long Shutdown Time on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I am not able to get rid of the issue, since long. This is why I thought of seeking for help here. I am awaiting for suitable replies and suggestions.
Old 06-04-2010

Optimize the system

Hello there, my recommendation to you for solving the problem of a Long Shutdown Time on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 is to optimize the system. All the junk files in the computer will be searched for and cleaned up from the system. Just remember that you must use a compatible optimization tool for the cleaning purpose, otherwise the problem will persist.
Old 06-04-2010

Re: Long Shutdown Time on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I have faced a similar issue of Long Shutdown Time on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in my system too with Windows Vista. Optimizing the computer solved my problem. I used the tools called as "registry mechanic" to remove the registry errors and "tuneup utilities" for the complete optimization of the system. It will also help for the defragmentation of the drives.
Old 06-04-2010

Scan the system with AVG antivirus

It seems that there is a need to scan the system with AVG antivirus. This is because the reason why there is a Long Shutdown Time on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 may be because there must be some infections or threats in your system, that is making your system very slow. AVG is a recommended antivirus for removing all types of infections like worms, trojans and virus too.
Old 06-04-2010

Boot scan the computer

I suppose that you must boot scan the computer inorder to solve the problem of a Long Shutdown Time on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. As all the antivirus do not provide this feature of boot scanning, you will have to install quick heal antivirus in your system to get a boot scan option. Any sorts of threats in the system will be removed from the computer with the help of this method.
Old 06-04-2010

A problem with Windows 7

According to me, the Long Shutdown Time on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 looks like a problem with Windows 7. This particular operating system has many other issues associated with it. To be away from them, it is always advised that one must never upgrade or install the Windows 7 operating system. There are no issues with Windows XP or Windows Vista, so it will be better to use any of them.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,