Thread: Not able to boot to Windows 7 in dual boot

Not able to boot to Windows 7 in dual boot

I have made my system a dual boot system. Basically my computer has Windows XP as one operating system and Windows 7 as the other operating system. I am facing a problem after installing Windows 7. The situation is that I am not able to boot to Windows 7 in dual boot. If anyone has any idea about the solutions to be used, then kindly reply soon.

There must have been an installation error

If you are not able to boot to Windows 7 in dual boot, then I think that there must have been an installation error, while the operating system was being installed into the computer. You must format the current installed files and reinstall the operating system. I am sure that this must fix the issue because one of my friends was facing such an issue and reinstallation solved the same.

Dr. V Guest

A problem with the setup of the operating system

Hello there, it is possible that there must be a problem with the setup of the operating system, due to which you are not able to boot to Windows 7 in dual boot. Since, there are some issues with the setup, the OS must have not installed correctly. The only was to solve this problem is to get another setup of the Windows 7 operating system and then install it.

The boot sector

It is required that you must correct the boot sector, if you are not able to boot to Windows 7 in dual boot. I have encountered such a problem recently and I guess that this is the best solution available for it. You must try fixing the same and check out if the issue is solved or not. If the issue still persists, then just let me know about it. I am waiting for your reply.

System files must be corrupt

It seems that you are not able to boot to Windows 7 in dual boot because the system files must be corrupt. As mentioned in one of the above posts, the operating system must be reinstalled and that too from another setup, since if there is a problem with the setup, then that problem will also be solved. Such a problem is being caused because the file that boots the operating system has some problem.

Get rid of Windows 7

According to me, you must get rid of Windows 7, if there is a problem that you are not able to boot to Windows 7 in dual boot. There are no problems with the Windows XP operating system, then why are you giving a try for Windows 7. If you are looking for a change in the operating system, then my advice is to use Windows Vista. It is a better option than Windows 7.