Thread: Stop XP Mode in Windows 7 via Gpo

Stop XP Mode in Windows 7 via Gpo

Even though XP Mode is an enormous characteristic, I would like to know if I be able to put out of action Windows XP Mode in Windows 7 using Group Policy. I setup the comparable lab today, there have PC which are installed XP-Mode, I applied the Applock in Group Policy to the PC XP Mode does not have to be installed. You be able to install Windows 7 Virtual PC without installing XP Mode. It is discretionary. Do your users have organizational rights on their system.

Re: Stop XP Mode in Windows 7 via Gpo

For the reason that the virtual machine is installed in this path SystemRoot%\system32\vmwindow.exe) if you blocked this submission but Applock, the entire virtual machine cannot work. Even though XP Mode is not installed by defaulting, several users might install it without several sense of sanctuary. You would like to make sure that anybody who requirements to install XP mode must be accepted previous to they utilize it. In view of the fact that the entire users are working as a local administrator, you necessitate to utilize group policy to put out of action this characteristic so that users cannot work XP Mode even you be able to install it.

I think you have two methods to protect the users you have work the XP-Mode (Virtual Machine), you be able to put out of action the virtualization technology in bios and setup bios password Second, you be able to utilize applock characteristic to lock the xp-mode installation file, the users cannot perform the installation. The first alternative perceptibly cannot be done in our environment. There is drawback in the second alternative if the installer had been patched from Microsoft without several declarations. You immediately desire to know if there is a known service name for XP Mode so that you are able to put out of action it by group policy.

When you start up XP Mode (Microsoft Virtual PC) it entirely ignores several of these two arrangements alter and if you modify the clock it's instantaneously reset to the host time again. You have in addition perceptibly disabled the Windows Time service but as it's not joined to a domain or set up with a source it be supposed to not be involved anyhow. You necessitate testing a submission over a small number of midnight passes and thought the XP Mode system would be perfect.

When you eliminate Windows XP Mode, those processes remove the associated virtual hard disks, which means that the entire information saved to these disks determine to be deleted. For illustration, if you used Windows XP Mode and saved information to Windows XP directories such as My Documents or to folders you generated in Windows XP Mode, that information determine to be deleted. To avoid this, back up information in these folders to a position on the host drive. The information that is stored in a folder on a host drive is not exaggerated by the removal procedure.

When you eliminate virtual systems or Windows Virtual PC, files used by the virtual system, such as virtual hard disk (.vhd) files, are left intact. This helps protect unintentional information loss, but requires you to remove the files physically if you desire to recover the space they consume. To eliminate Windows XP Mode. 1. If Windows XP Mode is working, shut it down. 2. Then you have to Open Control Panel. 3. Under Programs, then hit it off Uninstall a program. 4. Then at the end you have to double-click Windows XP Mode.