Thread: RedHat installation / boot problem

RedHat installation / boot problem

Hello,
    Here I am trying to do a SHIFT of my RH8 to rh9. I boot from the cd, and everything goes well until the display asks if you want to control the media. Everything freezes, not the skipper or even checking to do. What is the exact problem here, is this is the problem of the linux cd or the redhat boot problem? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: RedHat installation / boot problem

Hello,
    I think you must have skipped some steps in between the installation process. If you've never had a problem with RH8, I advise you to try other ISOs. Beware of the server where you upload, I sometimes had problems. The free FTP mirrors or LIP6 are good references to go with. Do you know someone who would have CDs that have worked? If you know one then you can take the CD and try it on your computer.

Hello,
    I do have a similar kind of a problem. As you said I tried to find a CD to test on my computer but I do not know anyone who would have the iso (I live in a world of pure windows) For me, iso, I have controlling and checking with md5sum is ok. By cons I've burned with Easy CD may be just the option I am looking for. I'll try with nero, lets see how it works. Otherwise, there is not an option remains in front of me.

Hello,
    Be sure of your prints, you throw the test to start the install to your 3 CDs, but if it crashes you can not do any thing, have you tried ALT + F2 and ALT + F3 to see the error console? I think you should try this command at-least once and see what it the result you are getting. Or alternative you can try some different combination of key which can work on your computer.

Hello,
    Actually I do not know if the pc is frozen but in any case the keyboard as he disconnected. I'm seeing all my overview that fizzled after the startup. Whether a normal startup (not the skipper checkmedia), or even rescue mode (can not choose the language when I asked) I even tried plugging a keyboard on my portable but same result.