Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Fresh Install of Windows 7 64-bit - Bootmgr is missing

Operating Systems

Old 05-04-2010

Fresh Install of Windows 7 64-bit - Bootmgr is missing

Hello friends,
I am having problem while installing Windows 7 in my Compaq computer. I am trying to install Windows 7 64-bit in my computer from CD. I boot from the CD and then I go to install process, then it restart computer for further process. While restarting I get error message:bootmgr is missing. I don't know why I get Bootmgr is missing error message while installing Windows 7 64-bit. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me. Fresh Install of Windows 7 64-bit - Bootmgr is missing
Thank you.

Old 05-04-2010

Re: Fresh Install of Windows 7 64-bit - Bootmgr is missing

Such type problem occurs if some of the local boot components are get corrupted or get damaged. In this case you have to repair the boot information to fix this problem. You can do this in the following ways.
1.First insert you Windows 7 DVD and restart your System.
2.Now press space bar to launch Windows Recovery Environment.
3.Now press on the next button and then select "Repair your computer" option.
4.Select the item that are related to Windows 7 and press on the "Next" button.
5.From the "System Recovery Options" go to the "Command Prompt" and then just type following command.
Bootrec.exe /REBUILDBCD
6.Now click on the “Startup Repair” to start the Windows Startup Repair.
7.After completing process your system will restart automatically.
Old 05-04-2010

Sometimes after an update or a lousy crash of Win 7 until you restart the PC it refuses to boot your operating system and tells you "BOOTMGR Missing Press Ctrl + Alt + Supp to restart" well safe restart will not solve your problem. Here's how:
1. Put the DVD in your drive win7.
2. Restart the PC.
3. Press a key when the PC will prompt you to start from the DVD.
4. Leave the slider came through.
5. When you hand-made "computer repair"
6. Your operating system that problem will be analyzed, the problem will be detected and you will be asked if you want to fix and reboot say yes.
7. the PC starts normally and you have solved the problem
Old 05-04-2010

Hey try to reinstall Windows 7 64-bit again. Most of the people face such type of problem and they are able to fix this by performing this process. Just uninstall your Windows 7 64-bit from your computer completely and then again reinstall it to fix this problem. After this you will not get any problem.
I hope this will help you.
Old 05-04-2010

From your information it seems that you haven't use proper process to install Windows 7 64-bit in your computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to use proper process to get rid out of this problem. Just go to following link for steps vise installation of Windows 7 64-bit in your computer.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ling-Windows-7
Old 18-08-2010

check your hardware is capable for 64 bit os or not and reset your bios(remove bios battery and insert again). check if you have 60 gb hard disk space and minimum 2gb of ram and 64 bit architecture motherboard and processor.if you didn't bought genuine win7 dvd you might face this problem cause of corrupted software or damaged disk.
Old 18-08-2010

For that you will need to run repair setup for windows. Put the DVD in your drive win7. Restart the PC. Press a key when the PC will prompt you to start from the DVD. Let the scroll bar came through. Then from that choose the option of Repair windows. The disc will analyse the issue of your operating system and fix the same.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,