Thread: RedHat Screen resolution problem

RedHat Screen resolution problem

Hello,
    I install the red hat on one of my machines and got a quick problem resolution. This machine (which I use it for testing) is decked out with a screen 14 "640 * 480. But the red hat I have installed starts by default 800 * 600 or higher so I wonder if there is an option to start in low resolution (as in Mandrake 9.0). So, how do I sort out this problem? If you have a solution for this, then please let me know. thanks in advance.

Re: RedHat Screen resolution problem

Hello,
    I have a similar kind of a problem after redhat installation. A text mode install I ever do and I do not think the canonical path works there. In fact when I test the mandrake at the beginning of the install it was enough to make a manip to start the install in low resolution graphics mode. For the red hat I'll see if a text mode install option does not return graphics mode with a low resolution. so, if you have a solution for this, then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I do not recall it being possible to change the display resolution used by Anaconda, but as I have little memory, it has to check .... By cons, two alternatives are to consider:
    - Installation in text mode, as in suggesting earlier (It's just not as nice in graphics mode, but it consumes less system resources etc. ....)
    - This distribution can run a VNC server (AC I tested it on Fedora Core example): You then displays the GUI on another PC.

Hello,
    Well as I look for two solutions, I already have redhat 9.2 I'll fire in text mode, it's not that I did not know (I'm even proud enough knowledge about computers than I begin to accumulate without further problem ...) In addition (the mandrake so I tested on redhat v) I recognize my card. You can try this option, if you need. Also if you have any alternative solution for this then please let me know.

Hello,
    I'm not sure you'll have redhat with fewer problems than in mandrake. Mandrake, have to say, supports (without installation / compilation (the driver supplied by the manufacturer) by the user) a wider range of material than other distros, finally, I have noticed. Have you ever tried to install in text mode? I think you should also try to run Mandrake on your system.