Thread: Virtual PC 2007 not working with Windows 7 Professional

Virtual PC 2007 not working with Windows 7 Professional

Hello, I was using the Windows 7 home edition which i have upgraded to the Windows 7 Professional so that i can run the Windows XP mode on it but after the upgrade of the same i found that the hardware virtualization is not supported by the Windows 7 professional. Can any one help me by finding the solution for the [B]Virtual PC 2007 not working with Windows 7 Professional[/B. A help may be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Virtual PC 2007 not working with Windows 7 Professional

First let me know when you have upgraded to Windows 7 home edition to the Windows 7 professional for the use if the Windows XP mode then why you are still running the Virtual PC 2007 that do exactly same as the XP mode will do . So first choose one from them and work with the same. This will help you to resolve your issue.

I can suggest you to use the VM lite which i am using with my PC for the hardware virtualization. This is very nice tools developed to work with the Hardware Virtualization. So if you are having the issue running the same then download the VMlite that will run with the Windows 7 all well. So do the same and let me know about it.

You might be wondering why you would want to do this. The most common reason is that you want to run Virtual PC on Windows 7 on a system that does not have hardware virtualization support.

There are, however, two issues that you should be aware of if you want to do this:

1. To reiterate, this is not officially supported. Microsoft has not tested / qualified to combination, and has not made any commitment to ever do so. So “buyer be warned”.
    2. A number of people have reported that when they try to install Virtual PC 2007 they receive a compatibility warning like this:
    3. What you need to know is that you will only receive this warning if you have installed Windows Virtual PC. If you get this, and you want to use Virtual PC 2007 instead of Windows Virtual PC, you will need to uninstall Windows Virtual PC. Note – it will not work if you just uncheck Windows Virtual PC under the Windows Features dialog. You need to actually uninstall the Windows Virtual PC update:
    4. Once you have done this you can install Virtual PC 2007.

You might be wondering why you would want to do this. The most common reason is that you want to run Virtual PC on Windows 7 on a system that does not have hardware virtualization support.

There are, however, two issues that you should be aware of if you want to do this:...............continued
    Thanks a lot maximus() it worked for as you have said in your article i have followed the same and got my issue resolved.