Thread: No USB support in XP mode

No USB support in XP mode

I am having an issue with the Windows 7 XP mode which is having No USB support in XP mode. When i connect the device in the XP mode then device display the USB key in the system tray but does not display in the in the key manager. So if any one having the same issue ans having the solution for the same them help me with the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: No USB support in XP mode

Did you installed the driver for the device which you are trying to install in the Windows 7 Virtual PC. If not then installed it on the system and the try to connect the device with the same, I think that this will work for you and solve your issue related to the USB device in the Windows 7 virtual PC.So try the same and let me know about it.

Did you installed the driver for the device which you are trying to install in the Windows 7 Virtual PC. If not then installed it on the system and the try to connect the device with the same, I think that this will work for you and solve your issue related to the USB device in the Windows 7 virtual PC.So try the same and let me know about it.
    Yes i have installed the driver for the USB but that also does not work for me. So advise me something related to the same.

If the driver installation is not working for you then might be the driver which you are using is old one and unable to run on the Windows 7 Virtual PC. So it is better and advisable that you should downloads the latest the driver from the internet and install the same on the Windows 7 Virtual PC. So that you can play the USB On it.

As you have said that update the drive of the USB driver. I have downloaded the latest driver for the USB from the official site of the manufacturer and installed the same in the Windows 7 virtual PC but same things happening again as the USB is still unable to detect in the same so suggest me something.

To redirect a USB device to a virtual machine follow the below given step that will guide you how to established the USB connection with virtual PC

• Attach the device to the physical computer and turn on the device.
    • From the virtual machine window, click USB and then click Attachdevice name. Windows looks for and tries to install the device driver in the guest operating system. You also can install the driver from the Internet or from a CD.
    • After the driver is installed, you can use the USB device from within the virtual machine the same way as you would on a physical computer. However, USB devices that are connected using these steps are not shared, so they must be released from one operating system to be available for use on the other operating system.
    • To make the USB device available on the host operating system, release it from the virtual machine. From the virtual machine window, click USB and then click Releasedevice name.

To know more about the same click here