Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 Virtual PC and parallel port dongle

Operating Systems

Old 05-04-2010

Windows 7 Virtual PC and parallel port dongle

I am having the issue of the Windows 7 Virtual PC and parallel port dongle which i need to solve with your help as i am unable to solve the same. Actually i am having an older application which is running with parallel port dongle on Windows XP. But it is not working on the Windows 7 as i have installed the Windows Virtual PC but that also does not work for me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 05-04-2010

Re: Windows 7 Virtual PC and parallel port dongle

Hi there, Will you let me know about then ParallelPort property by using the PowerShell of the Virtual Machine so that i can find the solution of the same. So here are the some code use it and let me know about the same.
  1. $vpc = New-Object -ComObject "virtualpc.application"
  2. $vm = $vpc.FindVirtualMachine("Name of your virtual machine")
  3. $vm.ParallelPorts
Old 05-04-2010

Quote:
Hi there, Will you let me know about then ParallelPort property by using the PowerShell of the Virtual Machine so that i can find the solution of the same. So here are the some code use it and let me know about the same.
1. $vpc = New-Object -ComObject "virtualpc.application"
2. $vm = $vpc.FindVirtualMachine("Name of your virtual machine")
3. $vm.ParallelPorts
This is what i got :
  1. PS C:\Users\mirrabookaq> $vpc = New-Object -ComObject "virtualpc.application"
  2. PS C:\Users\mirrabookaq> $vm = $vpc.FindVirtualMachine("Virtual Windows XP")
  3. PS C:\Users\mirrabookaq> $vm.ParallelPorts
Old 05-04-2010

For your replies it seems that Windows 7 is unable to detect the device of yours. And if this is the case then let me know about your device as the manufacturer. Also if possible then go to the manufacturer site and ask about the same so that if this will be the known issue for them then they will give you the proper solution for the same.

Last edited by ameer123 : 05-04-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-04-2010

If all the above is not helping you out then it is better to get the latest version of the driver download for your Windows 7 which is having the compatibility issue the older Version of the application which are running on the previous operating system. So if possible then do as i said and work with the latest driver.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,