Thread: Windows 7 error: "You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder"

Windows 7 error: "You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder"

Hello there, I am having an issue with the recently installed Windows 7 64 bit. Actually i have mapped a disk and but whenever i am trying to delete the folder in the mapped disk it shows me the Windows 7 error: "You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder". And After that i cant even access the security tab in the Folder properties. Advise me something to work with it. Thank you

Re: Windows 7 error: "You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder"

If you are the administrator of the folder than only you can do so otherwise you wont be able to perform the deletion of the folder in the mapped disk. So first be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator and then try to delete the same as if you are a normal user then you cant perform any kind of deletion on the same. Hope you will like it.

Re: Windows 7 error: "You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder"

If you are having the issue with the same deleting a folder then i am sure that you are not the owner of the Windows XP that is why every time you are getting the error that you are not having the permission to delete the file from the Windows XP. So it is better to take the admin rights by login as Administrator and work with the same.

This can be possible that you are not having the Administrator Privilege. To get the admin right you have to login as Administrator. Most of the time the Administrator account is hidden and can not seen easily. In that case just reboot the computer in safe mode and then the Administrator account can be visible easily. So do the same and work with the same.

HomeGroup is a new feature in Windows 7 that makes file and printer sharing on a home network so easy almost anyone can set it up in about thirty seconds. Literally.A homegroup makes it a snap for me to access files and printers on other PCs on my home network. For instance, if I'm using my laptop in the living room, I can easily access files stored on the desktop PC in my home office. I can also print to my home office printer without even getting up from the couch. To know more visit the Microsoft.

Hey thanks a lot for helping me out for the Windows error that is stopping me for deleting the folder from the map drive and i have gone through all the detail and come to know that this is the issue of the of the admin right. After login as the Administrator i have resolved the issue. Now i have full control on the Mapped disk.