Thread: Windows 7 Upgrade Emerging Problem: “unable to create or save new files”

Windows 7 Upgrade Emerging Problem: “unable to create or save new files”

Windows 7 Upgrade Emerging Problem: “unable to create or save new files”
    There is an up-and-coming problem with the upgrade editions of Windows 7 Professional x64. I am trying to find the solution for this problem but unable to find the solution, there appears to be many with the same issue. I will try to explain in detail, it is quite complicated and may only be affecting this EXACT version.

- Downloads with the download manager, on running the exe DVD files are extracted and at the end of extraction the following error message is showed -

"We are unable to create or save new files in the folder in which this application was downloaded. Please check the folder properties to make sure that you have security
    permission on the folder to write files and that the folder is not read-only"

This error occurs in spite of repeat downloads, and extracting in either Vista (32-bit) and XP(32-bit)

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Emerging Problem: “unable to create or save new files”

I will suggest you to full clean install a new version of window 7. If you are not a tech savy then I will not suggest you to use the command prompt because it will only increase your confusion. If you have downloaded then do not try to make the ISO out of an executable file.

I am also facing the same problem for the better understanding I will tell you exactly what I am doing.
    1. First I have downloaded the window 7 professional upgrade
    2. After that I have used the installer for extracting the files but got hit with an error message.
    3. After that I have checked the file size of “extendedSetup” and it was 3.01 gigabyte.
    4. After that I have moved the folder to root (C:\)
    5. After that bought up command prompt and typed the following: oscdimg -bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -1WIN_EN_DVD C:\expandedSetup\ C:\7.iso
    6. After that burned the image and booted, installed and activated.

I will try to explain how to create a bootable USB key using window vista.
    1. First of all make sure that you are running you computer as Administrator.
    2. Open the command prompt and type the diskpart
    3. After that type list disk and press enter
    4. Select the disk, where USB key ‘s disk number is.
    5. Then type clean and press enter.
    6. Then create the primary partition.
    7. Then select partition1
    8. Set the partition as active.
    9. Set the format as fs=fat32
    10. Then exit.

Just now I have finished the download of the 64 bit window 7 professional on the window vista 64 bit home premium operating system. The download is finished fine and unpacked the window 7 operating system. After that I have installed the window 7 and it is working fine and now I am making the backup. I think you should download the window 7 operating system from another website.