Thread: File sharing password problem with XP

File sharing password problem with XP

Hi all,

I have a computer that operating system Windows XP Profession in hope that some of the information a user to another department, and only allow the users to share these resources, but he shared directory, the unit Local area network. All the computers can see the information, he immediately canceled the share. Is there any way to get the same as Windows XP and Windows Me, i can add the password for the shared folder so that only authorized users know the password can share these resources, but it can not worked on my system. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: File sharing password problem with XP

you need to change Windows XP network share, simple is really simple, but not Security only the shared folder is set to read-only or "Allow network users to change my files" so that the shared resources of any computer settings, all with the computer via the computer-net "Network Neighborhood" Without any authority can be shared to the computer's shared resources. First cancel the default "Simple Sharing." Open "My Computer" Click "Tools → Folder Options" in the Open dialog box, select "View" tab, clear the "Use simple sharing (Recommended)" check box before. Then create a shared user. Click the "Start < Settings < Control Panel", open the "User Account" to create a password for the user, assuming the user named user00, need to share resources to the user machine. All the best.

You need to set the shared directory (assumed to be shared directory for the NTFS partition directory test1), and set only the user user00 can share the resources of the directory: Right-click the directory you want to share "test1", click "Sharing and Security ", select" Share this folder < Share ", click on" Permissions ", click" delete "button will be the original of the directory of any user (everyone) can share the right to delete, then click" Add "button, followed by a single Click the "Advanced < Find Now", select the user user00, click "OK" to add the user user00 add, and select the user user00 share permissions. All the best.

You need to open Network and Sharing Center, see the following settings:

1. Set the network type for home / office (private)
    2. Sure file sharing is turned on
    3.1 If the password protected sharing is turned on then open lusrmgr.msc, see Local Users and Groups, identified by the list non-empty password user account
    3.2 If the password protected sharing is off to enable guest account, and add it to the shared folder permissions list
    4. Finally right-click the shared folder, share permissions are set correctly recognized.

All the best.

In the shared folder where the Guest account is enabled in the computer. Guest accounts can be in the "Control Panel" in the "User Account" in the opening can be in the "Control Panel | Administrative Tools" in the "Computer Management" is enabled. Modify the Group Policy restrictions on Guest account. Open "Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Local Security Policy", or open the "Start < Run" in the Run box, type "gpedit.msc", open the Group Policy Editor. Expand "Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies < User Rights Assignment". Find them "refuse access to this computer from the network", double-click the item, to which the "Guest" account deleted.

Simple File Sharing does not support permissions, the user can do with the Guest account to access when the operation is limited. So return to the classic file sharing is the professionals want. Uncheck Simple File Sharing, switch to classic file sharing. Open "My Computer", click "Tools" menu in the "Folder Options" in the "View" tab in the "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)" Cancel. The network access method to the classical. Open "Control Panel < Administrative Tools < Local Security Policy", or open the "Start < Run" in Run box, type "gpedit.mcs", open the Group Policy Editor. Expand "Computer Configuration < Windows Settings < Security Settings < Local Policies < Security Options". Find one of the "Network access: Sharing and security of the local account model", double that, to which the "Guest only" to "Classic". Best of luck.

I suggest USE WIN RAR to keep such files safe just put a password on these and they can only be opened with said password! if you want just one person to have access give them the password, you can allwayes change the password afterwords I find this method very safe! JUst share the file with the "rared" files! Anyone can access the files but they can,t open them!