Thread: Base system device driver is missing from my notebook

Base system device driver is missing from my notebook

I have cleaned the window 7 operating system from my Compaq laptop. But now on device manager, it is showing that driver is missing for the “base system file”. I have searched for the problem in the HP website but did not get any solution for this. I have also tried for the Microsoft but results are same. Can anybody help me with this problem of missing “base system file”.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Base system device driver is missing from my notebook

First of please specify the exact model of your Compaq notebook. I will suggest you the search this problem in the “Microsoft Update Catalog” or it will be better to HP to confirm that your note book is compatible with window 7 or not. Is there any updated driver released for solving your problem. If that does not work then try to run pervious operating system on you notebook

Thanks for the suggestion I have installed my previous operating system. I have also contact the HP but they were unable to provide any solution for the problem. I have also downloaded all the drivers from website of HP but still the problem persists. Can you suggest me any further solution.

I will advise you to contact the Compaq for supplying the window 7 operating system with the supported drivers for your notebook.
    One more thing this problem may be because of the Ricoh components which are present on the mother board. If this problem is because of this then I will suggest you to install the drivers Ricoh device form the website of HP

Thanks for the solution you have provided first I have contacted the Compaq for supplying the window 7 operating system but that does not worked so I have download the drivers from the HP website for the Ricoh device and install it on my notebook and now my problem is resolved.