Thread: How to reinstall window 7 from the disk?

How to reinstall window 7 from the disk?

I have bought a new laptop Win 7 installation disk. I have also the 13 HP programs that seem to do nothing. Now there are hundreds of broken links starts up takes 2 minutes plus as it looks for the waste that HP put on the laptop. I have some Window 7 disks that came with other laptop, can I use one of those to install Windows 7 on the HP.

Re: How to reinstall window 7 from the disk?

Windows 7 restore is already present on the hard disk. I think you have removed the program folders try to use Control Panel/Programs and then select program and choose uninstall the top bar, so that can explain all the broken links. To restore it back to factory defaults, go to Start ->, All Programs. HP customer support can tell you exactly how to reset it back to factory defaults and because it’s new, stick and them and keep patient.

I used the uninstall feature in control panel, have not deleted any files or folders but the wrecked links are still there.
    For illustration, Norton has 4 split links on desktop, in the startup menu etc, but the program has been uninstalled, I even tried the Norton uninstall software from their web site. AOL has 3 folders with items in and links in the startup folder, desktop all programs etc, and again it was uninstalled correctly from the control panel. I do not want my laptop to its factory defaults.

According to me all the laptops does not comes with the installation disk. Some of the laptops have the disk but that that comes in the form of an image. I am not sure that you can install the window 7 operating system from that disk. But it will be better if you try for that before sending the laptop.

Dell does provide recovery DVD’s that do not put all the scrap back on like it came from the factory, but still a few application we still get rid of before deploying into our area, does not long to do like with HP. I could not swear to the home DVD's if they do that as I do not even use home versions for any machine. Even when I order a laptop from Dell, I use a Linux Dban and remove it, and install a fresh operating system.

I suggest buying a REAL copy or you can download a PREactivaed version from the Net! WINK WINK !!
    Thats is what I have!

Then just BOOT from your DVD follow al the instructions! CLEAN INSTALL ! NO JUNK WARE!

That way you can install what you want on your laptop not what they want you to have! LAPTOP,s come with soo much BLOAT WARE! it is sicking!

You may wanna go to HP web site and down load the drivers for you LAPTOP just incase 7 don,t haVE THEM bASICLY
    1 cHIPSET
    2 Audio
    3 LAn

Down load a A PROGY called "CODESTUFF STARTER" install it Click on "start ups" delete everything in the START UP window! then your pc will only start windows 7 an not that ship load of other BLOAT WARE!

If you have those you can allwayes get online and download any other driver you need!
    Last edited by RMJ; 04-04-2010 at 10:12 PM.