Thread: How to get rid of TrustedInstaller in window 7?

How to get rid of TrustedInstaller in window 7?

Has any person found a successful and easy to follow way to disable windows 7 'TrustedInstaller'? This has to be, by far, one of the worst devices Microsoft has still come up with. I would not even be responsive of it's existence, if it had not been for it rotating my operating system processing into peanut butter slush on so many occasions. And now, it appears to be intrusive with adding legal third party events and add-ons. It is a huge CPU suck, and it does not appear to achieve anything that could not be accomplished with a combination of Win defender and UAC permissions. This 'trusted installer' is a disease, and is there any way to end this process?
    Last edited by Aashirya; 03-04-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Re: How to get rid of TrustedInstaller in window 7?

I will suggest you to not to touch these files, because these files are being protected with the trusted installer rights are significant windows components, you should not try to change it.
    Because if you do so then it will definitely damage you window 7.

If that is the scene, can you please give details why I have removed from my system c:\windows\system32\ActionCenter.dll and c:\windows\system32\ActionCenterCPL.dll and also all the registry entries that referred to these two files and there is nothing going wrong with my computer system? I think these files and registry keys which are owned by the TrustedInstaller user. In fact my computer system is running better.

I have no idea why only the window users are trying to damage their computer system and these thing are not done by other operating system users like Linux operating system or Mac operating system. These users do not try to delete the file which belongs to the operating system. I will suggest you not to alter the window 7 system files.

Because in Linux operating system you are allowed to control unwanted operations.
    The action center is not possible to immobilize. You can conceal the icon, but not remove it. I disabled all possible alert of the Action Center and then I also disabled the Security Center service. But the Action Center icon is not going from its place. So at this point the only sensible option was to eliminate the Action Center from Windows.

I turn all that JUNK off I,m the ADMIN ,pisses me off every 20 seconds! GRRR
    I just turn it off!

If you are a safe pc user you don,t need any of that JUNK! I rarly run Windows 7 But when I do I want it to run as cleanly as Xp

Hey.. i dont know if this is old or still an issue for any of you but ..
    I have my own little fix for trustedinstaller
    I simply just make sure my win 7 is up to date then with unlocker installed go to
    C:\Windows\servicing
    Right click on trustedinstaller.exe choose unlocker

From here you can go 2 ways... rename the file like "trustedinstaller1.exe" and then rename it back when you want to update

Personaly i just choose move and move it to my desktop.. moving it back requires a reboot but unlocker can do it

anyways this worked for me...i have windows update disabled and trustedinstaller.exe would start 24/7 no matter what i did until ... the unlocker

Hi everyone i was go in crazy try in to delete some files on windows7 and nothing help.It will ask for administrator which i am but it wont work so what i did right click on the file then right click on tune up shredder fast delete and it was gone in a second.Hope this help.

Sorry it wont get rid of trustedinstaller but it will get rid of the file