Thread: Cannot load the Remote Access Connection Manager Service errors. Error 711

Cannot load the Remote Access Connection Manager Service errors. Error 711

Hello i am using window 7 operating system on my Lenovo laptop. When i access a remote network connection on this laptop then i am having the error saying that "Cannot load the Remote Access Connection Manager Service. Error 711: The Remote Access Manager could not start. Additional information is provided is the event log." And information provided in an event log was fails to start Remote Access Connection Manager. It told me restart the computer but that did not work as well.

Re: Cannot load the Remote Access Connection Manager Service errors. Error 711

I think you could be having any kind of problems in your Telephony service, Plug and Play service or Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service. I suggest you to switch off all the services then again restart the Telephony service, Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service and Plug and Play service and verify their status manually. Now you may try to access the Remote Access Connection Manager service.

Not happening, I have tried starting those all services manually but it did not worked as well. I have got an error about dependencies even after my all the dependencies are working well. And there was a registry problem also. I am running the windows 7 on my desktop computer and just did not got any solution for this. Can anybody help me to solve this?

whenever you try to use the remote access connection manager services of the windows 7 and if it does not let you access after showing an error 711 then there could be something wrong with Telephony service. Disable the services and then restart them again by following steps.
    1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
    2. Double-click Services and Applications, and then double-click Services.
    3. Right-click Telephony, and then click Properties.
    4. On the General tab, click Manual next to Startup type.
    5. On the General tab, click Start under Service status, and then click OK.
    6. Repeat steps 3 - 5 for the Remote Access Connection Manager service and for the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager service.

I have tried to to enabling the all the services after disabling them for access the remote access connection manager service but it is just not running. I have tried following and it worked for me.
    • Use the Registry Editor to export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP to a SaveEAP.reg file, in case you need to restore this key.
    • Delete all of the sub-keys except 4 and 13.
    • Use the Services applet in Administrative Tools to configure the following services Startup type as Automatic:
      1. Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
      2. Remote Access Connection Manager
      3. Telephony
    • Shutdown and restart Windows XP.