Thread: My Passport Essential no installation on Windows 7

My Passport Essential no installation on Windows 7

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have a Western digital passport essential installed to the system. But the problem is that the device when been plugged is not able to get recognized. I have no idea what could be the issue for the same. Please do help me out to get issue to be corrected. It would be a great help. Thank you.

Re: My Passport Essential no installation on Windows 7

Do check out that you update the firmware for the device. This would then help in making the issue to be sorted. Do check out the same in order to make the issue to be sorted. Also be sure in making the firewalls and anitvirus virus program to be disabled as it may also block the device to get worked with the same. Do look out for the issue.

You can make the things to work out well by downloading the latest firmware for the same. After that you need to connect the device to the system and then be sure that all other external devices to be removed. After that install the firmware for the device. Now open the firmware updater and then click on update firmware. Now do look out for the same thing by following the required information and entering the code.

It could be that the driver that you have may not be compatible with Windows 7 so update the firmware and then look to install the same to the system. Also it would be better that you try out by making the application to use under compatibility tool in order to get the feature of the application that it would then get inherited from. Look out for the thing.

Make the driver to be install in compatibility mode. Right click on .exe of the installer file and then select he compatibility mode as Windows Xp. This would then help the driver to work with the support feature for Windows Xp and the features of windows 7 would then not come into picture. This would then help you in making the device to be recognized.

Dr. V Guest

Run the system under safe mode option and then check out for the issue. It could be that the features been a problem in getting associated with the device. Safe mode option do not have features embedded to the same so it would be better that you look out for the same in order to make the things to work out well. Hope this would work out well.