Thread: ERROR:0x000000D3 after installation of Virtual PC

ERROR:0x000000D3 after installation of Virtual PC

Hello guys,
    I am in little bit trouble and not identifiable by me, which type of error is this. You all can help me to find out the solution for this problem.

I have installed 32xbit Windows 7 with Microsoft Virtual PC 2007. The host machine is using 32xbit Vista. The error message pope up when the installation of guest additions gets completed . Windows 7 is running well in VMWare and VirtualBox but not Microsoft's own Virtual PC.

There are some version installation related issue is occurring this type of error. As you are aware about the manual to install but you need to be sure that you have installed perfect and supported version for virtual PC.

Windows 7 Beta is compatible to run in Virtual PC 2007 with SP1.You have to check your virtual PC version then after you could be able to run properly and wouldn't be prompted with any error.

I think, the problem is occurring from the configuration of file allocation and one or more of the files needed to start Windows XP Mode are missing or invalid. It can be pope up if the parent virtual hard disk has been modified.

The possible restore procedure can solve this issue after placing proper files to their specified locations. Windows XP Mode looks for the following:

Windows XP Mode.vmcx in the Virtual Machines directory, and both Windows XP Mode.vmc and Windows XP Mode.vhd in %systemdrive%\Users\<username>\ AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Virtual PC\Virtual Machines. If you located different path during setup proceeding then Windows Virtual PC will test that location.

There are many users seem to have execute it without any issues, and I installed it and executed well (installed the update as well, even though there wouldn't be any mp3 files on that VM). However, tried to install the VM Additions (VPC 6.0.156.0) evaluated in a busted driver.

This is happened because " The driver has mistakenly marked a part of its image pagable instead of nonpagable ". Make sure , you have isntalled the proper requirements of the drivers needed by virtual machine.

Dr. V Guest

Yeah friends,

Solution of this error is always in front of you, when you get this error you didn't read whole message. The solution for this error is also tagged there which will guide you to remove out the issue.

The error is being generated just because of improper hardware or software installation. You can check here for whole solution suggested by expert