Thread: Unable to start Windows Virtual PC while another virtualization software is running

Unable to start Windows Virtual PC while another virtualization software is running

I am not getting this type of issue and what does it means? I don't have anything for running. I loaded the same on different machine and it was working fine. What could cause this issue. I tried to run it with windows XP mode in Windows 7 RC. I have a amd 955 phenom. I just can't run it and get that error.Can anyone suggest me some good way !!!!!!

Unable to start Windows Virtual PC while another virtualization software is running

In case to use the Windows XP Mode within the Windows 7, your system requires to support hardware virtualization and the related option of hardware virtualization should be enabled in the BIOS settings.

The Microsoft Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool also called as HAV detection tool support you to test if your computer processor is compatible to function with HAV. This tool will also check if this setting is enabled for the processor. You can download HAV tool from the microsoft official site : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I require some information about errors means logs from your machine which can help to solve this issue.

• Export the msinfo32 output to a text file.
    • 1) Restart the machine

2) Start the trace session using following method :
      logman start trace VMM -ets -o %temp%\vmm.etl -nb 16 256 -bs 64 -max 256 -f bincirc -p {9A71DF12-207D-4a56-83BC-386FCE223129} 0xffffffff 4
      3) Follow the steps to submit the issue
      4) Update the logfile using
      logman update /fd VMM –ets
      5) terminate the trace session using
      logman stop VMM –ets
      6) A file named vmm.etl will be generate in the %temp% folder. .

All of the logman commands required to be execute in elevated command prompt.

Hey why you are not trying this one to solve the error. So please follow these steps :

- Reboot machine and enter into BIOS setup.
    - Find out visualization settings within BIOS and enable the setting.
    - Save the changes in BIOS settings.
    - Turn off the computer, wait for some seconds and start your machine.

You can find out the computer manufacturer's manual for getting more information on BIOS settings.

I am also suffering with similar issue running on a gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UDP5 motherboard with a AMD Phenon II X4 955 processor. The beta versions was working well.

I downloaded the recent Windows 7 RC and WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Windows6.1-KB958559-x86.msu software packages.

I formatted the hard drive and perform the installation of Windows 7 RC from scratch and situate entire motherboard drivers. After a fresh installation, install WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe followed by Windows6.1-KB958559-x86.msu followed by restarting windows 7 in accordance to the install guide. After restarting , I tried to start in XP mode and working fine.