Thread: Windows 7 Clean Install Won't Detect SATA Drive

Windows 7 Clean Install Won't Detect SATA Drive

Hello, I am having Windows xp and Windows Vista installed on my computer. And now I want to install the new Windows 7 on my computer. I am having Sata hard Drive of the Segate. But, if I try to install the Windows 7 then I am getting the error message of the Hard Drive as hard Drive not detecting. I am not able to understand the problem behind this. If you are having any solution on this then please provide that to me. I will be thankful to you.

Re: Windows 7 Clean Install Won't Detect SATA Drive

Hello, If you are getting this sort of error then you must need to make use of the checking of the Hard Drive connection. Most of the time such type of error message occur due to the loose connection. So, if you simply remove your hard Drive connection and then if you reconnect it then you will able to get the solution for your problem. So, simply make use of these steps and get your problem solved.

Hello, you need to follow the steps below:
    • You need to boot into the BIOS with the help of the F2 key.
    • Then simply move to the Drives and select the SATA Operation.
    • Here you need to change your "RAID Autodetect / AHCI" to "RAID Autodetect / ATA".
    • Now simply save the setting and then exit the setup.
    • Done.

Hello I think you are having problem of the hard drive. I was also getting the same problem when I am trying to install the Windows 7 on my computer. I am having Windows vista installed on my computer. So, when I try to install the Windows 7 my computer won't able to find the hard drive. So, I simply perform the formatting of the hard drive with the help of Windows vista DVD and then by exiting the setup, I install the Windows 7 on my hard drive. I don't know what is the reason behind this, but by making use of this, I able to install the Windows 7 on my computer. So, you can also check for this.

Hello, I would suggest you to configure your BIOS properly and get your problem solved. If you simply use the manual for your motherboard and then simply set the BIOS as per your requirement you will able to get the solution for your problem. So, simply make use of the BIOS configuration and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. You need to just refer to the manual of your motherboard.