Thread: Task Scheduler (Win7) error message

Task Scheduler (Win7) error message

Hello friends,

I am using Windows 7 operating system with my computer. Previously I had windows vista operating system. But after installation of window 7 operating system, I have been getting error message while using the Task Scheduler. The error message saying that 'Catstrophic failure'. I am not getting how to avoid this task Scheduler errors over windows 7 OS. If you posses any solution over this issue, then please let me aware about that. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Task Scheduler (Win7) error message

It seems that your there may have some issue in you windows 7 operating system. I think you did not install the windows 7 properly on your computer. And because of this issue you are getting the error message for Task Scheduler. In the way to avoid this Task Scheduler error, you need to reinstall your operating system properly.

There more chances that your system is infected by virus, and which are showing the error message whenever you access the Task Scheduler. The best way to avoid this type of issue is to scan you all system files with updated antivirus. I think you should use the Norton antivirus, as it is capable to remove this types of error from your system.

Hi friend,

I am also getting the similar error message while using the ask Scheduler. One of my friend suggested me to delete the folder named as 'WPD' which is from the scheduled task folder. After this my 'catastrophic error' got solved, but I am getting new error message. I am totally frustrated with the Task Scheduler error. If you get solution over this, then please share with me.

To avoid error related to the Task Scheduler over windows 7, you need to do the following:
    • Do the complete virus scan for your computer system with updated antivirus.
    • Try reinstallation of windows 7 operating system.
    • Visit nearest service center.