Thread: When You Log Off Or Reboot Windows 7 User Profile Lost

When You Log Off Or Reboot Windows 7 User Profile Lost

Hello to everyone. I am having Windows 7 installed on my computer. If I make use of the changing the desktop and if I change the wallpaper from my user profile and if then I simply log off or restart/reboot my system my Windows 7 operating system not saving all of profile settings and it will simply restore all of the older setting. My system is joined to the domain which is running Server 2003. I want solution to fix this problem.

Re: When You Log Off Or Reboot Windows 7 User Profile Lost

Hello, I think there must be some or the other setting have to be done which will simply solve your problem. It will simply solve your problem. For getting the solution you can simply go to the help from your Windows 7 and get your problem solved. If you make use of it, then you will able to get the solution for your problem. So, just visit the help page and get your problem solved.

Hello, for solving your problem you must need to make use of the steps below:
    • First reboot your computer which will simply remove all of the locks on the profile.
    • Restart your PC to release the locks on your profile.
    • Now you need to make use of the administrative account.
    • Then to the C drive and remove the following:
      C:\Users\%username%
      C:\Users\TEMP
    • Now simply remove the registry key below:
      "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList".
    • Reboot again.

Dr. V Guest

Hey, I am also searching for the same solution. I am getting this problem when I install the Windows 7 RC on my computer. I have search the solution on internet and also on Windows help center. But, I am not able to get the solution for this problem. If you are having any solution then please provide that to me. I will be thankful to you. If you have any kind of suggestion then also please provide that to me.

If your Windows 7 user profile lost after each log off and restart then you need to perform the following setting from your Registry:
    • Open the Registry Editor.
    • Now go to the following key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList"
    • Select your profile key from here and it must be identical except for a ".bak" extension.
    • Now simply remove the key which is name with normally.
    • Now you need to rename the .bak named key as we have to remove the .bak extension.
    • Simply reboot the system.

This solution worked for me. Thanks a bunch.

I'm looking for a similar solution, but it's not the user profile. It's the Wireless Network list. I installed a new router. I go to Manage Wireless Networks in the Control Panel. I remove my old network. I put my new network on top set as connect automatically. When I reboot, the old network is back on the list, on top, connect automatically and my new network is moved to second on the list, manual connect. No matter how many times I rearrange, remove, change properties, etc. it always comes back.