Thread: Use CUDA on FreeBSD

Use CUDA on FreeBSD

Hello,
    I am trying to use CUDA on FreeBSD. I have heard that if you use CUDA's older version on FreeBSD then it is more effective with the linuxlator. But I do not have any idea about this. So, if you guys have any information regarding this then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Use CUDA on FreeBSD

Hello,
    I have a cuda source, but I think i can not do any thing with this because it has some linux stuff in it and I have no idea about the linux stuff. I run the cuda under linux and truly it is a great experience. If you are going to use the FreeBSD then it would be more better, that is the performance will be more good then on any other linux distribution. But I do not know that you can compile and modify the code in solaris, unix like operating systems.

Hello,
    Even I am trying to run FreeBSD under my linux distribution, but not quite successful yet. I use Debian GNU/Linux distribution and I do not have any idea of how to install or configure it. So, I need you help regarding this. Also if you can send how to configure this then it would be great. Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I use a operating system which is based on FreeBSD that is the PC-BSD. I have installed and configured cuda and trust me it works very well. I am really happy with the working of this software. I get some lagging between the screen, this is because my hardware is little old. If i use a latest hardware that is if I upgrade my hardware even that problem will be solved. I think even you should install it and see how it runs.

Hello,
    Even I am using the FreeBsd, i have a 6200 model and I am trying to upgrade my system for better performance of cuda on my system. I doubt that the gcc compiler work cuda, so if this is not possible then I do not think that you will be able to code programs and run of cuda. This is because cuda has hundreds of threads and so this might be the limitation. I guess till now you may have installed cuda on your machine.