Thread: How to resolve TouchEd Error?

How to resolve TouchEd Error?

Hi there, I am having an issue which i need to resolve with your help so if any one can help me then advise me How to resolve TouchEd Error?. Actually last night i was playing with the MSCONFIG and after that when i restarted the laptop of mine i got error message pop up as TouchEd Error which i am unable to fix. So help me to get rid of this issue as i know this is the issue with the Touchpad of my device. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to resolve TouchEd Error?

I think that problem that you are talking about is with the msconfig only.When you are playing with the msconfig i think you might have unchecked something related to the touchpad and that is why you are getting the same error. So it is better to get into the msconfig and make the changes back again and see whether this resolved you issue or not.

If i am not wrong then you are using the Toshiba laptop and the issue is with the Toshiba touchpad utility. So to get rid of the issue just follow the same. Navigate to C:\Windows\system32 after that remove 000StTHK.exe and 00THotkey.exe.manifest. Now copy the 00THotkey.exe. And go to the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" and paste the 00THotkey.exe directory. of startup.

If you are still getting the Error after going through the all the step then it might be possible that your driver of the Touchpad got corrupted and need to reinstall the same. So first uninstall the touchpad driver and then install the touchpad driver once again onto the same. And restart the laptop of your. I hope this will resolve you problem .

Hey, I am exactly having the same issue as you are going through and after searching a lot about this io have come to know that this is the issue of the THotkey which might got corrupted. After the reinstallation of the THotkey the issue of my TouchEd Error got resolve so advise you the same to get rid of the issue. Install the THotKey and work with it.

This problem is detected as the issue of the file of the system32 folder which is deleted by some reason which is known as the "00thotkey.exe". So if you copy and paste the same file to the start up directory then the problem will resolved. I suggesting you the same as i have done and get out of this problem. Say thanks if it works for you.