Thread: How to run expiring demos in Hyper-V?

How to run expiring demos in Hyper-V?

I am having set of demos that contains the certificates that will expire eventually. Normally I do turn off host time synchronizing and can save a snapshot, but one of the demos requires the restart, I think that Hyper-V always synchronize the time with host on the restart. I am able to run these demos on the hyper-V, since continually revolution these demos because of the expiring certificates is not starter for us.
    No in the virtual server I am able to use the <time_bytes> config node for dealing with this. Any idea how to solve this problem of expiring demos in Hyper-V

Re: How to run expiring demos in Hyper-V?

As per my knowledge is concerned to the Hyper-V there is no way to circumvent the host time synching. But that does not mean that it can not be done. I am just saying that as per my knowledge it is not possible to this, but you can wait for any better solution or if I find any other way I will definitely give a reply to you.

According to me time synchronization can be useful for testing or debugging the customizing the application. From time to time in testing, you have to run the test from start to finish without any interruptions since the passage of time alters the state of the environment. But if you can suspend the time synchronization, you can safely do the test.

You have to do the following settings

1. Go to the Management section
    2. Uncheck Time synchronization.
    3. Click OK.

Now you have to start the virtual machine. After that set the clock to a new date or time. For preserving the continuity with the new date or time, you must not restart the child because restarting causes a synchronization with the host.

Thanks for your helpful repay that is the thing which need and I am able to do. But unfortunately I am stuck at time of restarting the virtual machine; I need to synchronize the date/time of the host machine by the guests. Which is not a normal way for doing the things. For the first start up this is not the problem because I have written the script for writing the script for changing the host date/time and then change it back after the machine is started.