Thread: Adobe Type 1 fonts in windows 7

Adobe Type 1 fonts in windows 7

Hello, I am working for a media company where we are using the Type 1 font of the an Adobe in the pre-press. We have a license to use this fonts in our publications. We have recently installed windows 7 standard edition on our computers to test an applications but i think it is not possible as i am getting that the methods for installing Type 1 may have changed requiring different file types.

Re: Adobe Type 1 fonts in windows 7

I have tried to install the type 1 fonts and found that you can do it by two methods as follows.
    1. You can drag and drop the PFM and PFB files in to the C:\Windows\Fonts
    2. Open each font by clicking on the PFM and clicking the Install button at the top of the font preview window. Though this technique is bit slower but it works.

Dr. V Guest

I am facing the same issue on the windows 7 as i have to make my articles in type 1 font of adobe. But since i have installed windows 7 on my computer, I just can not copy those fonts in my computer. I have found another way to do it, I am having type 1 font which in fact comes from the vendor in 3 file formats namely FM, INF and PFB.

I am very much sorry to hear that it is getting much difficult to use type font on the windows 7. I think font installing process for windows 7 has been changed so may be it would not be possible to use this fonts. But you can do it by using the different kind of utility tools which convert the AFM and INF files in to the type 1 fonts provided in the PFM file format. You can search for such tools on an internet and i think it will work for you.

I think you should use the Beta version of the window 7 in which it is much easier to have the Type 1 fonts as you have to simply drag and drop. When you get any files for which you want to change the fonts then you can simply add the fonts in to the font folder of the windows 7 operating system and you are done with your type 1.