Thread: Fullscreen mode on Virtual PC.

Fullscreen mode on Virtual PC.

I have installed a 64 bit windows 7 and i was trying some of the old applications on the virtual pc. My computer can support for the 1920x1200 resolution. Now problem is that when i try to run those applications which in fact runs on DOS then they support for only 640x480 resolution so is there anyway that i can have fullscreen for those applications?
    Last edited by Kanakpriya; 02-04-2010 at 04:03 AM.

Re: Fullscreen mode on Virtual PC.

You can do it with the VPC2007 but i do not have idea that is it possible with the Windows VPC or not. You may check for the display settings where you can set VPC to use the guest OS resolution. This will be showing the full resolution in DOS Virtual Machine. As i am not sure about the Windows Virtual PC, SO let me know if it helps you.

If you are having the resolution of the 640x480 in the virtual machine of the windows 7 when you are running an Dos application then i suggest you to use the VMWare Workstation which could solve your problem. Go to the Preferences then select for the Full Screen. Now select for the "Stretch Guest (no resolution change)" which will stretch the windows size up to maximum limit.

If you want to watch full screen mode of the windows virtual machine then you may follows the below steps.
    1. Bring the PC window to the front.
    2. In Virtual PC 6.x, click Full Screen Mode on the Control menu.
    3. In Virtual PC 7.x, click Full Screen Mode on the PC menu.

Dr. V Guest

Closest solution you can have to switch your screen in to the full view while running the DOS applications is to Disable integration features or you may try changing the resolution of host to the bit higher then the DOS resolution which you said is of 640x480. Or select for the Virtual Machine in the Fullscreen.

I think it is not possible to have a full screen resolution in the virtual machine. Even if you use the VMWare or Virtual PC/XPMode then it seems like impossible to view it in a full screen. I think you should try to use the DosBox on your windows 7 which might help you to get the full screen while running the DOS applications.