Thread: Window 7 pro keeps restarting but works in safe mode.

Window 7 pro keeps restarting but works in safe mode.

My window 7 keeps restarting again and again for the last week. Actually the system starts normally and can log in smoothly but it system remain smooth only for one or two minutes after that it restarts. But this problem does not exist when I log in the safe mode. Only an alert message is displayed that "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"
    Any kind of help would be appreciated for this restarting problem of window 7.
    Last edited by Aashirya; 02-04-2010 at 02:28 AM.

Re: Window 7 pro keeps restarting but works in safe mode.

May be the problem you are facing is with you antivirus software. As you mentioned that window 7 does not restart when you run the system in safe mode. See this is happening because any process of your antivirus software is conflicting with the window 7 process. Try to uninstall the antivirus software you are using and check whether the problem persists.

I think this problem may be because of any kind of virus or malicious code which has entered your computer system. Scan your computer system with the antivirus software see whether it is detecting any kind of malware or malicious code. May be this will help you.

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal

This problem may be because of any malicious code which is running on your computer system. I will recommend that you to use Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for removing the malicious software from computer system which is harming your window 7 operating system. After you download the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, the tool runs one time to verify your computer for virus by specific prevalent malicious software and helps you to remove any infection that it can find on your computer system.

According to me you should try System File Checker (SFC) scan for scanning your computer system. SFC tool scans system files and if possible replaces the incorrect versions of the system files by means of the correct versions.
    For running the System File Checker tool you have to follow these steps:
    1. Start ->cmd ->
    2. Run as administrator.
    If you are asked for an administrator password or confirmation, then type your password
    3. Now at the command prompt type this command
    “sfc /scannow”