Thread: No personalize in windows 7 home basic.

No personalize in windows 7 home basic.

Hello Everybody, I have installed a windows 7 Home edition on my desktop computer. Actually i want to change the look and feel of my computer so i decided to change the theme of my windows operating system but i guess it is not possible as i do not have personalize in my windows 7 Home Basic. Can you guys help me to know about this?

Dr. V Guest

Re: No personalize in windows 7 home basic.

I think Microsoft have not provided an option to personalize your windows 7 Home basic edition. Windows 7 Basic edition does not have such features so you would not be able to use some themes on your computer. Windows 7 home basic does not support group policy, Still you may ask this question on the Microsoft Windows client forum so you can confirm the settings on your windows 7 operating system.

I am using the windows 7 starter edition and i thought only on this edition this function was not available. I am shocked by knowing that it is not possible in the windows home basic edition as well. I think it could be possible by using the third party fixes. There some fixes given on the windows7forums tutorials as how to create a personalization shortcut or how to enable aero, So you may check that.

For your kind information i would like to tell you that in Windows 7 Home Basic edition you have limited number of features in which personalizing your windows is not included. You can not use Aero Glass theme with this edition of windows 7. This behavior of windows 7 is by design from the Microsoft, Felt sorry that nobody can help you.

I have a solution by which you can apply an Aero theme even on your windows 7 Home Basic edition. To enable the an Aero theme go to the start menu and type regedit in the Run. Now navigate to the Hkey_Current_User \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ DWM \ and change the value of the entry Composition to 1 and the value of CompositionPolicy to 0. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
    "Composition"=dword:00000001
    "CompositionPolicy"=dword:00000000 Save as Aero.reg, then run and apply it. Then reboot or cmd > net stop uxsms > Enter > net start uxsms > Enter.