Thread: BIOS not accessible in Linux Mint

BIOS not accessible in Linux Mint

Currently I am operating LMDE and JULIA on dissimilar computers and can't search out into BIOS in the midst of whichever of them. I have attempted each and every one combination of the Function keys + Esc and Del. I used to be capable to accomplish consequently pushing F2 when operating additional Linux distros however meant for various explanations from the time when toggle in the direction of Linux Mint, BIOS is not available. I bet on familiar terms with that the Linux distro shouldn't formulate whichever disparity. Do you have any idea why I can’t be able to get into the BIOS? What will be the cause for this?

Re: BIOS not accessible in Linux Mint

Seeing that you be familiar with, Linux is an unwrap system in the company of no assurance of compatibility intended for whatever thing. That is the most important dilemma by means of Linux, particularly in be short of gadget or components drivers. At the outset, ensure through the maker of the motherboard, recognize the existing BIOS furthermore distinguish if there is a flashable upgrading on the way to the BIOS that will permit a CD/DVDROM drive to be observed. Ensure you pursue each and every one tutoring to the correspondence previous to endeavor a BIOS flash otherwise your Motherboard will be deceased!

I think that you should RESET the BIOS otherwise the monitor will not able to display or get into the BIOS settings.
    • Switch off computer and take out the power cord.
    • Open the CPU case.
    • Come across for silvery coin-like which is a CMOS battery.
    • Catch the battery away and put down it till 1 to 2 minutes.
    • Subsequently to CMOS battery you contain CMOS rearrange pins.
    • Shift jumper from 1-2 pins toward 2-3 pins.
    • Strike power switch pair of times.
    • Plant jumpers reverse to 1-2 pins.
    • Insert the CMOS battery in the same position and now See by booting the PC.

First of all remove all the HDD, CD/DVD drive, floppy Drive as well as SDD from your computer case. As you know in order to get the BIOS you don’t need these all things. The BIOS can be operated on without using all those things. After removing HDD or any other storage drives put the power cord back to the computer. Now try to get into the BIOS setup. If you are successful then insert the CD-ROM drive and again try to get into the BIOS Setup. Try one by one and see after which components you can’t get into the BIOS. I hope that this will be helpful.

I think that the BIOS screen has been already loaded in your computer but the monitor not able to display it even after the startup of computer to several minutes. It might be the cause of on-board GPU. You need to get the latest graphic driver for it. If you are using the additional Graphics card then switch that cord to some other slot and install the proper driver and see, it might helps. Furthermore, ensure your monitor is connected into the major DVI socket on top of the graphic card.

I did attempt disconnecting the "latest" drive, the "previous drive", each and every one additional peripheral except video and floppy but still no set off. I tried taking out the motherboard battery called as CMOS. Later I removed and replaced RAM cards, one at a time. I did become aware of that, when I swap only the RAM card on the left side, the monitor did not display the BIOS screen. When I changed the center RAM stick then the monitor screen did display; except at rest would not search out precedent the memory examination position. I think that you should try it by swapping the RAM sticks.