Thread: How to fix Windows 7 installation on Dell PC

How to fix Windows 7 installation on Dell PC

Hi,
    I downloaded Windows 7 from Microsoft site and after a while, when it comes to 20 to 30% of installation files, it marks error code, missing file and I am forced to abort the installation. I burned the DVD to install via Windows Explorer, and to be sure I downloaded a second file, this time I have engraved with ISO burner and then booted format he same disc. I think the files in Windows 7 are corrupted.

Re: How to fix Windows 7 installation on Dell PC

It is possible that the image what you have downloaded is corrupted. In my case I have done my installation from an iso image with PowerISO or soft style daemontools, it can start the install without burning, but it needs to be run from Windows (I was under winxp must choose the new installation option and not upgrade, in this case it creates a dual boot).

As a precaution, I decided to try VirtualBox on Seven. When I boot the CD on VirtualBox everything goes smoothly. Seven starts to load normally until you come to the home page. But there appears the following error message which stops the rest of the installation. Setup.exe. Application Error. This idea was then dropped and now I had successfully installed Windows 7 via a DVD.

Dr. V Guest

Do this, the best way to fix this matter is to change the installation disc which you are using right now. Change the disc and try to get a new one. You can contact Microsoft for that. Sometimes the files in the installation are not properly written on the disc which cause the installation to fail. I had got a new DVD for my self and now the installation works fine.

Have you check your hardware configuration. Does you have enough RAM and processor to meet the requirement of the operating system. As you now Windows 7 is totally new so this need a bit higher hardware as compare to older version to run. Add some RAM sticks and then check back again. First see the system requirement for Windows 7.

I met exactly the same problem as you, I wanted to move from Vista Premium 32 to Windows 7 32 Bit, everything goes well until reboot to around 62% in the last stage with a blue screen and reboot with back on Vista. I tried with another version but the problem is the same. Then after contacting to Microsoft I found a new upgrade which works well now.

Windows7Guy Guest

Hello Santy,

Have you tried installing Windows 7 with USB Flash Drive? I use USB flash drives all the time for OS install it works perfectly - lot faster and no DVDs to get scratched and damaged! :-)

You can download the USB tool for free and copy your Windows 7 ISO to the USB.

Thanks,
    John M
    Microsoft Windows Client Team
    Last edited by Maqbool; 02-04-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: External links removed