Thread: SoundMAX audio drivers for Compaq Presario 5000

SoundMAX audio drivers for Compaq Presario 5000

Hello, I am having an issue with my latest Compaq Presario 5000 which is running with the onboard SoundMAX audio device. I have installed the updated drive for the same but after installation when i have given a restart i am getting error i.e. 'No ADI codec driver is installed' and also the sound is not comping from the sound system. So help me with the SoundMAX audio drivers for Compaq Presario 5000 . Thanks in advance.

Re: SoundMAX audio drivers for Compaq Presario 5000

The driver for the SoundMax is available on the Intel official site so if you want to download the same then check out the Intel for the same and download the same from there. Just make search on the download page of the same and look for Analog Technologies SoundMAX Audio and download it. Hope this will work for you.

As you are using the Compaq Presario 5000laptop so i will advise you to go to the official site of the same and download the latest driver for the SoundMax. As the Compaq is having the all the driver download of their product to support user if they any kind of driver issue with their device> So download the driver and see whether it working for you or not.

Are you sure that you have installed the corr4ect driver for your system? If you are not sure then check the driver in the Control panel. In the Control Panel go to the Sound and Audio Devices and then click on Audio. You will get the driver detail of the Sound card on your board. So do the same and install one according to your need.

I am having the same issue with the Asus board which are not giving the responding with the sound. I have tried the uninstalling and installing of the drivers for ten sound but that does not work for me. Actually the Windows XP was the main culprit behind this issue. So i have reinstalled the XP and the issue got resolved. So suggesting you the same to work with it. Say thanks if it works for you.

Dr. V Guest

If you are having the issue with the Soundmax which is installed on the Motherboard of yours then it is better to reinstall the same driver with the Motherboard CD which you have got with the Compaq. First uninstall the existing driver and then insert the CD to DVD ROM install the same. Restart the system and check you are getting the sound or not.