Thread: Novatel U720 driver

Novatel U720 driver

I had done with installation of Windows 7 on my pc and now I am in a process of installing B]Novatel Wireless U720 USB modem[/B]. I am having a old version of this driver and it looks to be running well, but sometime it fails to work. I had also installed Mobile Connect. I had treid several time the installation but it fails to work. I am unable to figure out the reason here. I also tried doing the same on Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Vista (32-bit). But it did not worked.

The Novatel U720 USB modem is an USB device which is available through the Sprint. The first USB modem was the Franklin CDU-550 introduced a hardly any months back. You can only get a usb drivers if you try finding the same on the official site. Or else it wont be easy to install. For a old version try using a compatibility mode of Windows XP on Windows 7 or on Windows Vista. If it works then well and good. Or else there is nothing you can do to use it.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Novatel U720 driver

This USB modem device is the first Sprint named USB modem which contains the given features:
    • EVDO Rev A capable
    • GPS Built-in
    • An antenna port which is use for expanding coverage/signal
    • Double USB Cable for extra power and for better signal

Manual installation of the driver is not possible unless you have some file for the same. I have a similar old one with me which I had kept aside. Because it simply does not work. I had tried a lot using the same but it is not working. I had also spoken with the customer care dept which are not having any kind of solution for the same. So here the best thing you can do is use that on a old system till it is working. Dual booting your pc will be better. Keep a old Windows OS on which it works on one partition and keep the new one on other.