Thread: Superfetch Opinions in Windows 7

Superfetch Opinions in Windows 7

Hi,

I have a windows 7 installed on my pc with 4GB of RAM and a 7200 RPM HDD. One of my friend told me that Superfetch is useful for games or photo editing programs and video. Is it necessary to have it ??? I am thinking that if I still need Superfetch or Is there any other simple way ???

Re: Superfetch Opinions in Windows 7

The Superfetch feature already in Windows Vista, but Windows 7 has been improved. Make a cache of files that access the applications they use. We will see how to turn this feature, which can be helpful if we need the maximum available memory. In reality, the memory management of Windows 7 does not need to disable this service in many cases, but in very demanding applications such as games or photo editing programs and video.

Superfetch service has been greatly improved in Windows 7 and can speed up most used applications on your computer using a portion of RAM to store data that is accessed more often by applications. This allows time to use our computer is more immediate. However, although for normal use of the computer it is best to always have Superfetch enabled for specific programs that require lots of memory may be necessary to disable the service for all the RAM can be used by the application. This is the case of games, video editors and digital photography and others.

To disable Superfetch in Windows 7 will open the Start menu and type Services in the search. In the window that appears will have to find Superfetch paragraph and double click on the entry. In the Startup Type section choose the Disabled option to get Superfetch does not occupy memory.

There is no point off superfetch to have more memory available then if the computer is slower because you have to read the hard disk and RAM, which is much faster. Also I do not see much sense to remove (even with Vista) unless we have an extremely limited, with 512 MB of RAM or something like that there if dealing RAM at least for the OS. Windows 7 comes preinstalled on computers with at least 4 GB of RAM so it will go smoothly.

Many views that circulated on the Internet were all castrated, including Superfetch, and hence many people say that Vista was slow (even though they have 2 gigs or more), because they were prevented Windows auto optimization and self-diagnose. I really did well on Vista on a PC with 512 MB of ram with Superfetch and Aero activated if not to open multiple programs at once. I have seen over Vista could not even connect a printer (he said he had no drivers nor down), where an original Vista had no problem. Hence, most people have cursed Vista for compatibility and speed.

Superfetch loads things into memory you think you'll need. If you do not need it, nothing happens - 'unloading' does not exist. Applications to start as fast or faster, without superfetch. No more slow. Superfech uses resources while the team had not been doing nothing if not already running. Powerusage = Bad for the environment and probably a bit bad for the life of your hardware.