Thread: Capturing from DV camcorder via FireWire on windows 7

Capturing from DV camcorder via FireWire on windows 7

Hello, I have installed the windows 7 on my computer just now and i am facing this problem of not getting an 'import video' popup when i connect my Panasonic NV-DX100 camcorder which i was having in the windows vista. Actually it is detecting the device but when i try to capture something via Windows Photo Gallery it is not working as well as i get the error saying that The video device is currently in use. Close any other program that is using the device and try again. But i have seen that nor other program is using that device.

Re: Capturing from DV camcorder via FireWire on windows 7

I do not think so that it should be problematic to import a videos on windows 7 by connecting the camcorder am doing the same on my computer and it works fine. I have installed x86 version of Win7 on my desktop computer and it is just working fine. I am importing the movies by using the movie maker or sometime i use pinnacle. Have you tried ever to do it by using these softwares?

You must have given the version of windows 7 operating system which you are using on your computer as this problem has been seen on only x64 version of the windows 7 and importing the videos by using the camcorder is easily possible to do on x84 version of the windows 7. So you must check that where you are using the x84 version or x64.

Your problems is solved here as i have found the solution for the same problem with my camcorder and windows 7. Actually this problem is persisting because of the driver which has been automatically selected by the Windows 7 Operating system. In my computer it was selected as Texas instruments which i changed manually my 1394 firewire driver into 1394 OHCI Host controller legacy. Now Pinnacle is working perfectly.

Thank you so much Devasis as i was having the accurately same problem with my camcorder. I was just not able to see the pictures in my camcorder from my computer. I am using the Windows 7 on my computer and i have changed driver as 1394 driver to the legacy one and it is working without any problems.

I have simple solution to take out the pictures and movies from your camcorder to the computer. I have a Sony Camcorder and i always use the USB connector given with the camcorder itself. As soon as i connect this camcorder to my computer and select for the data storage on my camcorder's screen. I can see the removable disk on my computer which is in fact a memory card inserted in to my camcorder. And i just transfer files from the card.