Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-03-2010

How to show all power plans in windows 7

Hi, I was using windows vista on my computer previously and i have upgraded my computer by installing the with the windows 7 on it. My problem is that i am not having all the power plans in battery icon in Windows 7 which i was there in windows vista. Can anybody help to know that how to show all power plans in windows 7?
Old 31-03-2010

Re: How to show all power plans in windows 7

Yes It is possible that you can have all the three default power plans in windows 7. You just have to unhide all the other power plans. To do this you have click on the little arrow which will be showing you an additional plans If you want to create a new customized power plan then you can do it from the Option on the Left Pane.
Old 01-04-2010

I am using the windows 7 ultimate edition and i guess you would be using the same. If you want to make any changes in the power plans shows to you then go to the Power Plans from the Control Panek then just click on the arrow to show additional plans where you can change the plan settings. You may go to the Advance Power Settings.
Old 01-04-2010
Dr. V

Please follow steps to change the setting for the power plans on your windows 7. If you want to create a new power plan then Go to the start menu and open Control Panel. Then select for the System and Security and then open Power Options. In the left pane you would be having Create a power plan so click on it. Select the plan that's closest to the type of plan that you want to create. Then type the name for the plan, such as "Giving a presentation," and then click Next. On the Change settings for the plan page, choose the display and sleep settings that you want to use when your computer is running on battery and when it's plugged in.
Old 01-04-2010

Once you have changed the settings for your power plan display then do not forget to keep your power plan display turned ON. You have to select for the "Change the Turn off display after setting to Never for both On battery and Plugged in." if you wish to display turned on during presentations. And If you are using the laptop then Change the Put the computer to sleep setting to Never for both On Battery and Plugged in and click for create. If you're using a laptop, your plan appears under Plans shown on the battery meter. If you're using a desktop computer, your plan appears under Preferred Plans. The plan that you based your new plan on is moved, and appears under Additional plans.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , ,