Thread: MSCOMCTL.OCX not compatible?

MSCOMCTL.OCX not compatible?

Hello Friends,

I am using windows XP over my computer system. I need your help to sort out error of my computer system. I am getting run-time error '339' with error message saying that 'MSCOMCTL.OCX Component or it's dependencies not correctly registered'. I am don't have any idea about how to solve this type of error. If you know any solution to sort out this "MSCOMCTL.OCX" related error, then please let me know that. I would greatly appreciate your any help over this issue. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: MSCOMCTL.OCX not compatible?

Please follows below steps to avoid MSCOMCTL.OCX related error:
    • First you need to search MSCOMCTL.OCX in local drive for to check if it is missing.
    • Suppose this file is missing then you will need to download it.
    • After it's downloading click over the MSCOMCTL.exe to extract the file to your C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory.

Hi friend,

I was also getting same error before one month. I had also tried many procedures to avoid this error, but nothing was helpful. At that time my friend told that the 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' is missing form your system files and because of this you are getting this error message. Then I download this file from internet and executed it. And this solved all my issue related to MSCOMCTL.OCX.

It sounds that the MSCOMCTL.OCX is not correctly registered with your windows XP operating system. Which cause this type of error message. To get rid over this MSCOMCTL.OCX error. You need to re-register the MSCOMCTL.OCX again. For that you need download it, and you need to run the 'REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX' from the run. Try this solution, it will definitely help you.

Thanks friend for all your instant help. I did the same thing as per your suggestions. First I downloaded the MSCOMCTL.OCX files and did the setup for the same. And then I run the REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX for register as per mentioned in above reply. After this I restarted my system and surprisingly till yet I didn't get MSCOMCTL.OCX related error.