Thread: xcopy command line together with wmplayer command line

xcopy command line together with wmplayer command line

I need to copy the files from the CD to the Hard drive of the computer using a xcopy command. After copying the files to the hard drive, I want to use Windows media player to play the files when copied on the hard drive. So can anybody suggest me how to use xcopy command line together with wmplayer command line to play the media files from Hard drive of the computer. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Re: xcopy command line together with wmplayer command line

To copy the contents of the compact disk to the hard drive of the computer, you can use the following commands in the command prompt of Windows
    Code:
     xcopy "." c:\ads/s/e/y
    C:
    cd\ads name of the file to be copied
    This command will copy all the contents from the compact disk to the hard drive of the computer. Remember to change the location according to your preferences. After entering this command, do not execute any commands which will stop the copying of the files.

Instead of copying the entire contents of the compact disk to the hard drive of the computer, you can only copy the file which you need to play using the windows media player on the hard drive. You can use some variants in the xcopy command to execute this task. Try the following command in the RUN tab and then see if it works.
    wmplayer"c:\name of file.format of file"/fullscreen
    Full screen option can be entered if required. If the full screen is not included then the video will start in windowed mode. The above command will copy the video which you want to play on the hard drive.
    Last edited by Dammit; 31-03-2010 at 11:53 AM.

I tried to copy all the contents of the CD to the hard drive of the computer and the command worked properly but it gives that some content on the CD cannot be copied. Although I was not able to start the windows media player to play the files as the command suggested did not work properly. Is there any other command which I can use to run the files on the hard drive using any video player? Please suggest.

I dont use Windows media player to play the media files on the hard drive but instead use iTunes using the command prompt. I use the command to play the files which are present on the hard drive and it will not help in copying files from CD to the hard drive. Enter the following command in the RUN tab to test if it works. Replace the application file name to which you are using.
    Code:
    start "" "c:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" "c:\Users\Public\Music\01 Name.mp3"
    Change the source and destination accordingly.

Yes it finally worked. Thanks for suggesting the solution. I modified the command which you have suggested and changed the location, application and it worked. I used the following command to play the files on the hard drive. So if anybody is facing the same problem, then use the following command
    Code:
    start "" "c:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "c\path\file name.wmv"/fullscreen
    Note that full screen is optional.