Thread: Device in the system modular bay cannot be identified

Device in the system modular bay cannot be identified

Hello Friends,

I am using Dell desktop computer and windows XP operating system in it. From two days I am getting anonymous error message saying that 'Device in the system modular bay cannot be identified'. I am not able to find out the exact cause behind this error message. Please let me solution to solve this error. I would greatly appreciate your any help. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Device in the system modular bay cannot be identified

This type of error occurs if there is something problem in either your hard drive or CD ROM. You need to find that if hard drive of you system is having problem or not. You also need to do the same thing for you CD ROM also. Suppose it is faulty then try to replace the hard drive of your system with new one. I hope it will work for you.

I think it might be some issue with your operating system. According to me you need to reinstall you operating system. This may solve this type of errors. Actually I was also getting the same type of error message. At that time my friend recommend me to try reinstallation of operating system. And this worked for me.

I had gone through this type of error with my Dell computer. to solve this error I contacted to the Dell service center. After checking my computer, they told that the Hard drive of my dell system is faulty and which is the cause behind this error message. They replaced my faulty Hard drive as my system is under warranty period. This solved my system errors.

If one of the part of your computer system like dvd drive is not connected properly, the you will definitely get 'Device in the system modular bay cannot be identified' error message. To solve this, first you need shut down you computer system. Then check if the dvd drive or other part of you computer system is connected properly or not. And the restart your system and see if you are still getting the same error message.