Thread: Where is Guest mode in windows 7

Where is Guest mode in windows 7

I have used the windows XP for a long time it was really a wonderful operating system and with some unique feature. Recently i have migrated to windows 7 so i would like to know how to enable guest mode in windows 7. Since some guest are expected to arrive within a week. since they will be using my system and i do not want them to change my user account preferences.

Re: Where is Guest mode in windows 7

Follow the steps which i have mentioned below if you want to activate the user account
    • Go to start menu and then right click it and select run as administrator.
    • Net user administrator /active:yes This will display the message that command completed successfully.
    • Now when you log out with the current account you will see Two accounts.

The guest account feature is removed from the latest version of windows operating system that is from windows 7. Since to include this feature in windows 7 resulted in to number of bugs which was not feasible according to the microsoft and hence for the time being this feature is not included in windows 7.

Try the below mentioned steps if you want to enable the guest account on your system
    1. Go to start menu select control pane
    2. Select user accounts
    3. Select the Guest account and turn it on.
    4. After turning the guest account you will now see two different account before logout.
    5. Close the User Accounts window logout and check it.

So far i do not thin that the guest user account feature is present in windows 7. But it is possible that the feature may return in the form of a service pack in future or microsoft may update it's steady state Toolkit. But currently there is no guest account feature or guest mode present in windows 7.

Dr. V Guest

Unfortunately the guest account feature is removed from this version of windows 7. Since the Guest account feature is in demand and hence the guest account feature should reappear in windows 7 in some future service packs or in some future update till then you can't do anything just create a user account for your guests.