Thread: Reset Administrator Password in Windows 7

Reset Administrator Password in Windows 7

I am using a custom desktop which was installed with windows XP and recently i have upgraded the system to windows 7 . I want to reset the windows 7 password for the administrator account. Can you tell me how to reset this windows 7 administrator password i would really appreciate your help.

Re: Reset Administrator Password in Windows 7

Apparently if you cannot reset the password then you can try the command which will disable the administrator account Run command prompt as administrator. Type "net user administrator /active:no" without the double quotes. For enabling this account simply replace the word no with a yes.
    Last edited by Devasis; 30-03-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Restore the password for the administrator account using a tool known as the windows password recovery tool. This tool will help you to reset or remove the password for your administrator account. Download it from the official Microsoft website also it is available freely. Always try to remember your password.

This is a quiet an easy task you simply have to ask another user to use his account if he is an administrator ask him to create a new user accounts that the use this newly created user accounts also do not worry about the desktop files you can still access them from the C: directory within your system.

You should use the command prompt which will help you in this case first of all logon to another account with administrator privileges and try these commands in the command prompt (Run as administrator). Net user administrator password and press Enter this will ask you a new password create another password and now you can login with the new password.

After trying all the steps mentioned above if you still cannot access the user account then the last option is to format your system. Install windows 7 on your operating system once again this will reset all the user accounts as well as all their corresponding passwords Create a new user account and enter the password correctly.