Thread: change partition sizes in linux/windows dual boot macine?

change partition sizes in linux/windows dual boot macine?

I am running with dual boot with the respective operating system : Windows XP Pro and Linux Ubuntu 9.04 on under C: drive. I want to change some memory related configurations and need to increase the size of Linux partition more larger and decrease the size of Windows partition.

Can I do it. Is there any tool through which i can perform it without removing and reinstalling Linux or windows?

I also have done the same thing on my PC and changed the partition sizes with dual boot XP Pro / Linux machine with the help of BiNG without any issues. I think, you can also do it with the help of boot with a Linux Live cd and use GParted to do the same.

Before going to change any configurat6ion of memory,you need to be sure that you have full images of your existing partitions in case it all goes pear shaped which it sometimes does.

The first thing I need to know the size of the your hard drive. and whatever you told earlier to increase or decrease the size of the partition and I don't think it is very easy task to perform with well manner.

The Partition Magic can be used to do it and if you want to choose another utility then it would be difficult and much complex to configure within the proper manner and the rest of the things, I am not sure.

Hello I have my hard drive within the Partition Magic but getting some improper solution and getting complexity to configure in the better way. So I an unable to combine the extra space bacuse of the proper allocation of the memory spaces.

On this particular point, I am completely agree with the wipe Xandros and wanted to start over that . What you all are thinking about it and what I need to do in this situation ?

Wipe Xandros with the Partition Magic can do exactly for resizing the size of partition or whatever you need . And you need not to format the new partition leave it upon the Xandros. I Hope, the suggestion can help you .

take a look on the followign points to clear the issues : In case, if it unables to perform well then you can switch for qparted with the proper removal of Xandros. It will manage the partition related queries and operation very well. Your Linux partitions better than PM does I think.