Thread: Mud client on ubuntu 9.04

Mud client on ubuntu 9.04

hello guys,

I am suffering from some confusion related to the selection of mud client and expecting some good mud client to use.
    I installed GMUD recently and I am not telling it is bad,it is good but want some better which can be more compatible in comparison with it . Have you any suggestion regarding same....

Thanks.

There are so many mud clients that is better than what you are using currently.You need to use tintin+ and it can be find into the Synaptic.This can be much helpful whatever you need to figure out.

For more information,you can visit here www.ipmud.com 4545 if you are looking for a new place to get into.And some other as name sugested : Tinyfugue,zMud and much more..

TinTin++, aka tt++, is provided as free MUD client for different platforms such as Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. The Windows / Vista port suggested as WinTin++ (using the PuTTY terminal) is being facilitated for those users who do not use Cygwin (A Linux/Unix emulator for Windows).

The TinTin++ is also compatible with not only MUDs but also able to support with MUSH, Rogue, BBS, and Linux servers.It is also supports with MCCP (Mud Client Compression Protocol), MMCP (Mud Master Chat Protocol),many TELNET options used by MUDs, and those needed to login through the telnet on Linux / Mac OS X servers.The Program properties are support for regular expression enabled triggers, aliases, gags, highlights, substitutions, macros, timers and much more.

I am newbie for Ubuntu operating environment and tried to install the mud client with the help of a friend. I have downloaded tintin++ and when I click upon the icon it does pop-up anything. My friend is also not getting the actual error when it happened . So Would you all help me please...?

Have you tried to install it within the terminal of the Ubuntu,if you are not getting how to install it from the terminal then you need to use the following command to install the client :

Open the terminal and type the following command -

Code:
    sudo apt-get --reinstall install tintin++