Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-03-2010

Upgrading Windows 7 Home Premium to Enterprise

Hello,
I have a how premium edition of windows 7 operating system at my home computer. My company has recently upgraded the operating system from windows 7 home premium to Enterprise edition. Now, I have tried to use the key at my home computer, but it is not working. So, if you guys have any idea then please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old 30-03-2010

Re: Upgrading Windows 7 Home Premium to Enterprise

Hello,
If I am not wrong the Enterprise edition of windows 7 is sold under the volume license agreement, also I think you need the local activation server for this to work. It does not have any upgrade patch or something like that. Rather I would suggest you to install or upgrade your operating system to the windows 7 ultimate which i nearly same like enterprise edition that is most features are same like enterprise edition. I think you should try the ultimate edition of windows 7.
Old 30-03-2010

Hello,
Even i do have a similar kind of a problem, I wanted to upgrade my operating system to windows enterprise edition. As you said to upgrade to windows 7 ultimate edition, but the problem is that I do not have the windows 7 ultimate edition copy.
So, my questions are

- can I backup the existing windows 7 operating system and then apply the transformation package.
- install windows 7 home edition and using the key which is applied to enterprise edition.

Any answer will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 30-03-2010

Hello,
I think the windows 7 is the only version that is not included in the full package of the windows 7 dvd, rather it is sold separately, do not know why this is the strategy of Microsoft. I think this might be because some of the features do not work on the windows 7 (any version ) and works only on the windows 7 enterprise edition operating system. Also, you can not re install your home edition and use the key which is meant for windows 7 enterprise edition. Do not even try this, it will not work.
Old 30-03-2010

Hello,
I would recommend you two options, if you need the 64 bit version the windows 7 operating system, then you can ask the people in your company to give a key which is not been used by any one, but I do not think that the company will do so. Secondly, you can reinstall the operating system from scratch that is empty all the data on the hard disk and then install a fresh copy of home edition or ultimate edition and then try to use the enterprise key, but even here I do not think that the changes are good enough.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,