Thread: Windows 7 pc does not support hardware-assisted virtualization

Windows 7 pc does not support hardware-assisted virtualization

Hello,
    I was thinking of upgrading my computer from windows xp to windows 7 operating system, but some of the programs do not run of on the upgraded version of windows 7. So, now I am thinking to buy a windows 7 operating system. After the upgrade of windows 7 my computer does not support the hardware-assisted virtualization, even I have tried doing this in xp mode, but it does not work. So, if you guys have a solution for this then it would be great, else I am going to purchase a new copy of windows 7 operating system.

Re: Windows 7 pc does not support hardware-assisted virtualization

Hello,
    If I am not wrong then hardware assisted virtulization is one of the feature which is related to your hardware, more precisely to the processor. But I think keeping users into consideration Microsoft has now removed this restriction and now you can use if in the xp mode with the latest version of the software. This means that you can install this on your computer and run it without have any problems.

Hello,
    If some of the programs run only in the xp mode, then I think it is better to have a partition on the hard disk with xp and windows 7 operating system. This is what I have done because many of my new games do not work in windows 7, so I have created a different partition for windows xp and now I can even run my old games. This also have a advantage as you can choose between both the operating system as and when you will require them, that is if some application runs well in windows 7 you can switch back to windows 7 and started it there.

Hello,
    Yes I agree with the above post, even i do have a dual partition between windows xp and windows 7. This is good as you have flexibility to run the programs which fits the best operating system. One of my experience is, I have a guitar with old sound blaster and the game port unfortunately is not supported by windows 7 operating system. So, there is no option other than to play it in windows xp.

Hello,
    I think Microsoft should take into consideration that many of the softwares do not work on windows 7, which do work on windows xp. Many users need these software's to do their daily work. So, Microsoft should make the operating system compatible with the software's so that no user has a problem of software compatibility. In this case many of the user will not upgrade there operating system to windows 7 as the software's are not compatible.