Thread: How To Check If Windows 7 Is Genuine

How To Check If Windows 7 Is Genuine

Hello,
    A few days before I have installed Windows 7 on my machine. One of my friend gave me the copy of this operating system. Now I have no idea about this operating system, that is I want to know if this copy of windows 7 is genuine or not. How can I check this on my computer? If you guys know this then please help on with this. Thanks in advance.

Re: How To Check If Windows 7 Is Genuine

Hello,
    There are many attempts my the microsoft corporation to reduce the piracy of the windows 7 copy , still there are hacked copies of the windows 7 operating system available. Now a days also the hacked copies of the windows 7 operating system which run from the usb drive are also available. So, if you have purchased a copy of the windows 7 from any shop or from the street or downloaded it, then most of it is a pirated copy of the operating system. If you have a genuine copy of the operating system then it would check for the regular updates on your computer.

Hello,
    If you need to check that your computer contains the genuine copy of windows 7 operating system then follows these steps

- Open control panel in windows 7
    - navigate to the system and security
    - now, click on the systems tab
    - if your copy is genuine then you will see "Windows is activated"
    - Also, you will find the windows genuine logo

Hope this information will help you.

Hello,
    Yes, the above method or the procedure show in correct to identify if the copy of the windows 7 operating system is genuine or not. There is one more alternate method to do this. You just need to type the word "activate windows" in the windows 7 search box and just click on the "Activate Windows" link / button. After clicking you will see a pop up windows which will show you, if the copy of the windows7 is genuine or not. This is the simplest way I have seen. So, even you can try this.

Hello,
    You can even check your copy of the windows 7 operating system online. Microsoft provides a Genuine Microsoft Software Service on the internet and you can check there if your copy is genuine or not. You have to test the pass on that site and if you pass the test then your copy is genuine. One note, it would be good if you run this test on the IE browser, because IE is a Microsoft product and will fully support the site. Suppose if you fail the test and your copy is not genuine, then do not worry as Microsoft will provide you a product key, but that is not free of cost.

hi

i have check the windows 7 is not geniue. i got through my friends side. then i have developed the windows application in vb.net (2008, 32bit,windows xp sp2) next i will created the setup of this project and installed the another system(64 bit, windows 7(home premium is not geniue product)). shall it run on windows 7(home premium isn't geniue),64bit ? what am i do.

Quote Originally Posted by dotnetproject View Post
    hi

i have check the windows 7 is not geniue. i got through my friends side. then i have developed the windows application in vb.net (2008, 32bit,windows xp sp2) next i will created the setup of this project and installed the another system(64 bit, windows 7(home premium is not geniue product)). shall it run on windows 7(home premium isn't geniue),64bit ? what am i do.
    I dont get what you are you trying to say? But when you say your windows 7 home premium isnt genuine then are you using an illegal version of Windows 7 in your pc or a purchased geuine copy? If it is an illegal version then we cannot help you in solving your issue because it is against the rules of this forums, check the rules.

Ms-Flex grid doesn't run in windows 7(64 bit) System

hi

now i have developed a windows application in vb.net 2008 on windows XP OS.

it has involved in ms flexgrid using shown in multiple records at a time and i deployed setup file in windows XP system.

i installed the setup in windows 7 system(Client Machine). But it ran successfully in windows XP system(32 bit) system.

i have registered the msflexgrid ocx file to be installed in client machine.

how to solve this problem kindly give the idea...

Although, it has occured error, that is,

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click Quit. the application will close immediately.

class not registered (exception from hresult 0x80040154(regdb_E_Classnotreg) )

Hi dotnetproject,

The type of the error that you are getting is occuring because Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) is not installed on the computer. The .NET application uses MDAC to access the data from the database. To resolve this problem, install MDAC on the computer. You can download MDAC from the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
    Data Access downloads
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/data/aa937695.aspx