Thread: Cannot complete installation of WinMount in Windows 7

Cannot complete installation of WinMount in Windows 7

Hello friends, a weird problem that I am facing in my system even after doing a clean install of the operating system is that I cannot complete installation of WinMount in Windows 7. I tries to do the installation many a times. But, I guess that after 50% of the installation is done, the setup quits automatically. Why is this happening? Please help me if anyone knows the solution for the same. Winmount is a powerful windows utility which is dedicated to managing files and disks impressively and conveniently. I am waiting for suitable solutions.

Check the setup of the software

According to me, I suppose that you must check the setup of the software because it seems that there is some problem with the same. May be it has become corrupt because of which the installation is not able to complete. So, download a new setup of the software and after that, try installing it. I am sure that your problem will be solved. If the situation still persists, the this is some incompatibility problem that you are facing.

Force the installation to start

I think that the Windows 7 operating system is blocking the setup from completing. This is the reason why you are facing the issue that you cannot complete installation of WinMount in Windows 7. So, I think that you will have to force the installation to start, with the help of the "run as administrator" option. Just let me know if the installation does not complete still.

WinMount does not support Windows 7

WinMount does not support Windows 7 and I can assure you about the same because only the following platforms are supported by this software:
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 98
    • Windows XP

Now that you have understood the main cause of the problem why you cannot complete installation of WinMount in Windows 7, it will be better if you start looking for the alternatives for this particular software.

The new version of WinMount

Is this the new version of WinMount, that you are trying to install with the Windows 7 operating system. If not, then the problem that you cannot complete installation of WinMount in Windows 7 can be solved. For this purpose, you will have to find the latest version of this software on the web. This will solve the problem because the new versions of all the softwares and applications are working without any such issues with Windows 7. This is because the developers of the new versions are taking care about the same.

Try using TuneUP Utilities

Even if you cannot complete installation of WinMount in Windows 7, there is no need to worry. I recommend you to try using TuneUP Utilities. This is a similar utility that I am using in my system with Windows 7 and I have not faced any such incompatibility issue with this particular software. So, install the same to get rid of the issue. Actually, this is the best utility that can be used with all the versions of the Windows operating systems.