Thread: tfswctrl.exe

tfswctrl.exe

My desktop is installed with windows XP and whenever i try to shut it down i usually get an error message to end tfswctrl.exe. and every time i had to click on the End now button to shut down my system. i do not know what caused this but please help me so that i can get rid of it as soon as possible.

Re: tfswctrl.exe

This tfswctrl.exe always runs at startup. These files are associate mostly with the hp and veritas applications of DirectCD. I think that this file is required by the system for reading cd drives. If you remove this file from the system you will not be able to read any cd or a dvd on your system. Hope this helps.

Tfswctrl.exe is a preexisting file which is present on your system from the day you purchase it. It helps the cd rom in reading the cd. So if you try to delete it you will not be allowed to open a cd cause the rom willl stop detecting them. i think this is a vital file and you should not try to touch this file.

Tfswctrl.exe is usually used by the ROM to read or open the files on a CD or a DVD but the behaviour which you are getting is an unexpected and hence i think that you will have to do a system restore on your system in order to get rid of this error. Restore the system to a date back where your system was running absolutely fine.

Download the registry optimizer on your system and install it on the machine this will definitely remove all the error related to the registry files. This Tfswctrl.exe is a registry file which is used by the system for reading of removable medias l;ike the cd and DVD's. Hope that this will work on your system.