Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-03-2010

Lost audio after running update manager in ubuntu

I purchased a Toshiba NB100-11R. I installed the linux based operating system Ubuntu and working fine except audio. I run the Update manager and installed a long list of updates but after exiting from the update operation,My MP3 player is occurring some error regarding sound controls . Now I have lost audio completely.

The error messages that i got from the audio player :

When trying to play a mp3

Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument
No volume control GStreamer plugins
and/or devices found.
audiotestsrc wave=sine freq=512 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink profile=music: Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument
Old 29-03-2010

Hey,you can fix this problem with some of the little bit changes in the sound controller.Just follow the steps and configure the adapter setting for the sound controller.

Move to the System =>Preference =>Sound.
The default setting for the sound controller would be configured as Auto detect .
Change the setting from "auto detect" to ALSA.
And restart your computer.

If you are unable to get back the audio then install a player named VLC.

sudo apt-get install vlc
Old 29-03-2010

After updating procedure ,the updates requires to restart the computer system. Have you rebooted the system after applying the updates ? I have noticed in some cases , audio gets break after an update to the audio components.

Execute the alsaconf and wait to reload entire modules related to the sound controller then after check the efficiency of the sound controller and be sure that it is working properly again, if you getting some positive response then you can try out this command also to reload the audio controller

sudo alsa force-reload
Old 29-03-2010

It is seems to me as if you require to install Restricted Extras for more description - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats

You can fix it with a proper installation then open a Terminal and issue the following command :

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

After executing this command,it will unblock the unaccepted components in the Ubuntu and go forward with the rebooting the computer system.
Old 29-03-2010

The issue occurred due to some bad detection of my "exotic" sound card . You need to modify the /etc/pulse/default.pa file with the manual configure for the attached sound card and I think it can help you to fix this. In case,you are not getting proper fix then visit here for more description about troubleshooting for sound related issue.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshooting

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/De...ndProblemsMisc

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , ,